Subscribe in a reader

Monday, January 15, 2007

A Word About the President

Talking about the President these days, almost without exception, leads to a heated exchange of opinions. Some people address why they think the President has ably lead the country during his tenure (although this group seems to be shrinking daily). Others address why they think the President is leading this country deplorably. Still others are unsure what to think, and largely think his legacy will be written 40-50 years from now.

Here is what I think. The conversations that I would like to have with the President will not be occurring anytime in the near future. Therefore, my task a Christian citizen of the United States of America is to pray for him in the hope that he might make the correct decisions which come before him.

1Timothy 2:1-3 says, "First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way. This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior,"

I might add that I confessed my sin to God in response to my consistent neglect of this command, and I think many more Christians need to do so as well. I am resolved should politics and talk about the President come up in the near future (and it will), my first response will be to pray before I say anything else.

Will you join me?

No comments: