Subscribe in a reader

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Honoring My Grandmother


My Grandmother, Ruth Denton, has been a faithful member of Glen Royal Baptist Church in Wake Forest, NC for many years now. She has been playing the piano at Glen Royal BC since 1963, and has rarely missed a Sunday Gathering, choir practice, funeral, or wedding. She is currently battling cancer, and taking both chemo and radiation, yet still continues to play the piano (well I might add) in worship every Sunday.

I had the honor to preach last Sunday at Glen Royal BC. This was a special service for me also, not only because we honored my grandmother, but also because many family members were present, and also because Glen Royal BC is the church where my introduction to the Christian faith began. I preached from Philippians 2:5-8 exhorting Christians to model the example of Christ to an unbelieving world.

We love you Grandma
"Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised."
Proverbs 31:30

No comments: